Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Products that bring me back



You know how there are certain things that you absolutely loved as a kid or a teen or even had special memories with certain products. I came across this site that sells Lip smackers and that just brought me waaay back. So I started reminiscing about certain beauty products that had made an impact.  

Lip smackers-
I remember every girl had this or have tried it. I was a huge fan of watermelon and for a dollar a piece it was delicious. I soon moved on to more moisturizing (adult looking) chapsticks and lipbalms but these gave me a slight happiness just thinking about them

Bonne Bell - Lip Lites in Cappuccino
I bought this when I was 13 and I loved it like crazy mad. It smelled like heavenly sweet coffee and I thought the color was awesome, and I've been searching for this color and smell in lip gloss ever since. The closest I've ever gotten to it was an Elianto lip gloss called beigee. At 13 this was absolute perfection, now I can't even stand lip gloss, maybe I should purchase this again, if only the drugstores sold this in Malaysia

Softlips in Strawberry/ Vanilla
I got my first kiss with these on my lips. So I'm very sentimental about this specific chapstick. I was totally infatuated with my best friend, I was a total awkward dorky mess and he was gorgeous basketball playing jock, I still have no idea how we became friends. But after the kiss he found out I was using this and he began calling me softlips, it still tickles me, puppy love. I should totally order this, I loved the thin shape of it and the mentholated tinglyness and it moisturized really well, as I do recall. 

Cream blush in a jar
There was this cream blush that I stole from my mom. It came in a glass jar, it was a rosey pink and made me look amazing, I don't know how to describe it. You know how you come out from the cold and you'd have this slight flush, yes this was it for me. I can't remember the brand and it was probably quite old. I still haven't found anything like this, it gave me this dewy goodness. I would actually buy this even if it was super duper expensive, thats how great it was.

Volume express mascara
It was my mascara for the longest time until they changed the formula, then it really didn't quite do it for me, but I do have fond memories of it

Avon black eyeliner
This is one of the first eyeliners I bought in Malaysia whilst on a uni budget. It was smooth and only cost 10rm, now I don't know anyone who sells avon. But this was one of my favorite pencil eyeliners.

Suave Hairspray in Passion flower
I still have some of this left from 8 years ago and it still smells like the best smelling hairspray ever. I hate the hairspray smell and I don't use a lot of products in my hair, and the only time I do is when I curl my hair and this is the hairspray. It holds nicely and smells great and I mean like body spray good.


Johnson Johnson baby lotion
I always stole this from my baby brothers and sister.

Tressume conditioner
Before I came to Malaysia I used this conditioner, I loved this conditioner. When my mom came to visit I forced her to bring over a couple bottles, it not only smelled great but made my hair all silky smooth. Now my hair is so oily and lifeless I've stopped using conditioners in general. I was quite thrilled when they brought it over to Malaysia and the price is alright too. My boyfriend also loves this stuff or at least is super curly hair does.

Calgon Body mist - Hawaiian Ginger
I don't really use perfumes but I got addicted to this body spray. It so sweet and summery, I also made my mother send this over when I ran out.

No comments:

Post a Comment