Saturday, March 20, 2010

Vincci Vs. Nose

The two shoe shops that are everywhere in Malaysia and I mean everywhere. I bet they heavily compete with each other trying to sell the newest trends. They're both around the same price range of 25+(except when they're on sale). They both are usually located in the same mall. They both have the same quality of shoes, not great but not cheapo. But at the end of the day, who's better?

The first non-sneaker I've ever bought was from Vinnci and they literally killed my feet. Seriously I could barely walk in them, that and they broke really quickly. But I don't blame Vincci, I was a sneaker girl and I assumed all shoes were comfortable. Nope, they're not. I continued to buy more and more shoes, each one breaking within 6 months. And I mean straps tearing, tips of the heel coming off so it makes that horrible nail scratching sound, horrifying, just horrifying. I wish they both provided a service to replace them, but I highly doubt that.

Here's my opinion, when it comes to jumping on the lastest fashion trend and having a wider range of shoes, Vincci definitely wins by far. But for some reason, during uni I got most of my shoes from Nose. They don't have the super fancy shoes like Vincci, nor do they have a wide range of work shoes. But they do have great casual shoes that fit my feet (I have very wide feet) and don't break as often(yes, they still break, but they're cheap). I think I also like the atmosphere in most Nose shops, its because Vincci gets really crowded and the shop is so big a white, but Nose is smaller and not as busy.

I find it funny that when one of them is having a sale the other one is also having a similar sale. They must be super competitive. I also find it funny when they have identical shoes, the same gladiator sandals and black pvc plastic pumps. I think Nose has better sales, granted, when they're having their sales they do put out some really ugly shoes, but I find that Nose has more variety of 50% off shoes than Vincci, especially flats and sandals.

Strangely enough, as of lately I've been buying a lot more Vincci shoes. I love wedges and Vincci seemed to cater towards my current tastes. Nose just isn't in the game anymore, they definitely need to step it up. My least favorite branch of Vincci is KLCC, even though I go in there every time I go to KLCC, just because you know its Vincci. I find that during sales, its sooooooooo crowded and you have to beg for attention. There's no such thing as trying without buying, you feel horrible to try something and then they give you this look like, "you're going to buy that right?" and you kinda get guilted into buying it because they're so busy and they just don't have time for the likes of you. Okay, maybe I'm being overly dramatic, I'm definitely being overly dramatic, I just don't like feeling guilty for not buying something, that just makes me not want to enter the shop. Shopping is a good feeling, retail therapy is my friend.

The best branches of both of them are in Sungeiwong, okay the Vincci one in Sungeiwong is horrible but it has a larger selection of shoes on sale, if you can't find the shoes you're looking for in KLCC, go there, its just that its super crowded during sales and there's barely any places you can walk or try on shoes. The Nose in Sungeiwong is good, its on the bottom floor, it doesn't ever get too crowded, I think its because some people just forget about it because barely anyone goes to the bottom floor. But they have a good selection of discounted shoes when they're having a sale. And they're usually okay if you try without buying. I like the Vinnci's in Jusco Wangsa Maju, I can try without buying anyday, just because its mostly empty.

The battle is Vincci's service vs. Nose's no variety

So who wins? Both or neither...you tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment